Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Reading - "The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian"

Let me start by saying that I have always been an avid reader but somehow I have always treasured summer reading the best. Maybe it is still ingrained in me from summer vacations, 3 months of lying around in the sun and reading! Therefore, I always seem to read more in the summer.

I started this summer by reading the book “The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian” by Sherman Alexie. It is a charming story where you are privilege to get a glimpse of how it might be growing up on a reservation. Junior, the main character, uses humor as a tool to survive his life. Just when you think for sure this kid is beat, he comes up swinging. I truly enjoyed the visual comedy this book uses throughout the story.

No comments: